Hey, this is pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Its been a while since I have had a decent computer around that can keep up pretty well in todays games. I finally got my dads pc together which has a 7900gs, 1gb of kingston value ram (2x 512 sticks in dual channel) and a amd 4000. The amd cpu has this mascool fan/heatsink combo thats so small but it idles at 20 degrees celcius. I put my old vf900 on the 7900gs. Anyone know how far I can push the cpu, ram, and video card? The motherboard allows some percetage voltage changes to cpu and some like .05v intervals for ram. The max fsb frequency is 232 and I dont think I can change the multiplyer on the cpu.

EDIT-Forgot to say the mobo is http://www.machspeed.com/specs/viper/MK8-939A.html. Do you think I should do a bios upgrade to see if I could get more oc'ing options or just deal with what I got?

i have a via chipset on my ecs p4m800 crap mobo. and i overclocked my pent4 from 2.66ghz to 3.2ghz with no volt mods (i cant figure how to change the voltage, i dont think i can with this mobo) anyways its stable with a arctic cooling freezer 7 pro HSF. the arctic cooling hsf's are really good considering mines was only 20 bucks and it lowered my temps about 12 degrees Fahrenheit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom