dvd burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

subxuk

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have a Sony +/- Dual Layer DVD Burner and i brought some DVDRWS (-). Thing is it won't let me burn onto them both Alcholol 120 and Nero say that the disc is unformatted, so when i try and format it or erase it , it kicks up an error saying check the disc is compatible, which it is!

The DVD burner is 4x write and the dvd discs are 1-2x write. On Alcholol and Nero it only gives me the option to burn at maximum speed or 4x speed, how can i configure them to burn at 1-2x, or could there be another underlying issue?

BTW, the discs i got are decent quality, and i;ve tried more than one disk..

thanks!

are u trying to burn copyrighted material that can cause problems i found dvdfab express to be good for that(for ur own personal use of course)if thats not the problem try getting some good ol canned air and cleaning the drive out cause if it cant recognize the disk it may give such errors i dont know cause i only use the prog i mentioned never those two

it burns cds fine, jus not onto these dvds, its not copyright material either. iv tried everything alcholol, power iso, nero, daemon tools. mounts ok on my hardrive, just wont burn or format these dvds, and i dnt kno how to manually set the write speed down to 2! because it wont give me the option to reduce it just says 4x or maximum :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom