Partition Magic Resizing/Merging

Status
Not open for further replies.

helloworld45

Beta member
Hi, I am using Partition magic 8.0 with Windows XP Home Edition. My C drive that holds windows is 20 gb. I want to make it bigger but partition magic wont let me. this is how my partitions are so far:

C: 20 gb (NTFS) (primary)
D: 50 gb (FAT32) (primary)
unallocated space ~20 gb

Partition Magic allows me to make the C partition smaller, but not bigger than what it is. I also do not know the advantages of primary vs logical drives so if someone could explain that to me that would be great. How can i make the C partition bigger?

Also, when trying to resize, the program says "This partition crosses the 1024 cylinder boundary and may not be bootable" This may have something to do with why i cant resize

thanks for the reply law, i just want to combine the unallocated space with my first C partition. is there any way to do that?

helloworld45 said:
thanks for the reply law, i just want to combine the unallocated space with my first C partition. is there any way to do that?

Oh, I thought you wanted to combine the D to C.

Not sure if it will work, but see if you can redistribute the free space, there should be a feature on the left side that can redistribute free space, then you choose only the C: partition to participate and maybe that might work.

If that doesn't work, you can try and make the unallocated into a primary partition, format it as NTFS, then see if you can merge it with the C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom