TV tuner and sound card, any recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennykim

Solid State Member
Hi. here are 3 things that I would like to ask you fellows.

1. My computer is running on (non of these are USB connected)

- 3 X SATA HDD
- 2 X IDE HDD
- A8N-SLI Deluxe + AMD 3000+ (Benice I wanna say?)
- 1GB RAM (512 x 2)
- DVD R/RW
- Leadtek Geforce 6800GT
- Multi-card reader
- 17inch LCD + 19inch LCD (Dual)
- 5.1/6 Channel Speaker + 2 Channel (integrated within 19inch monitor) = 8.1/7
- 2 case fans
- other 6 USB devices connected (printer, cam, scanner, external harddrives etc etc)

All of these are running on 350W power supply. I built this com about 1.5 year ago. Back then the guy from the store told me that a 450W power supply (which came with the tower case) wouldn't do a good job, so he told me I should rather get a 350W general power supply (Really no idea as to what general he meant by but this one has a lot of power cables coming out then the 450W power supply).

The question is, I've recently bought this 19inch monitor and ever since I've started to use it, I notice there is really annoying static noise coming out of the speakers. (Sound card is realtek97 on board, by the way).

On top of that, Windows XP(SP2 patch up to date) starts to have frequent blue screen, which I figured it is due to the sound card and/or speaker connection.

The program which controlls and senses as to how the speakers are connected to the back of the computer is called SoundMan.

It automatically pops up time to time and tries to re-sense how the speakers are connected and always ended up showing they are wronglly connected and/or just goes to blue screen and crash.

Is there any chance that this is because of the shortage of the power?

2. Either way, I am planning to purchase an addtional sound card. I am not big sound mania or anything, so as long as it supports 7.1/8 Channel and does a better job then the on board sound card, I will be happy. Any brand recommendation and price?

3. TV tuner is another one. Any brand recommendation here again? and price?

4. If I add those two new devices on my computer, is there any chance that the computer will be lack of power? (Will I need to get a bigger power supply?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
TKND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom