OK I Give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sPlAtOiD

Fully Optimized
HI I'm having a little problem. I got a used Chaintech VNF3-250.
Its works great the manual that came with it sucks. And after screwing around with it for 5 hours trying to set up my raid configuration I Finley got it up and running but instead of striped raid array its 2 separate serial ATA drives. Now I can live with that but then I'm trying to install 2 300 gig hard drives that are just storage no OS on either of them. Well when I plug the first one in to my IDE Slot either primary or secondary slot the computer wont find the operating system and tries to boot from CD ROM. Ive even disabled the CD Roms and switched the settings in bios around with no luck. Anybody know what the **** I'm doing wrong.
Also with this motherboard when I put 3 sticks of 512 identical ram It wont boot its says something about memory timing. Other than that it runs great with only 1 gig of ram. Sorry this is so wordy but its driving me nuts.

And is it normal for a 3200+ 64 bit chip to run at just 7.0 to 9.0 C.

OK come on now I'm sure there's one of you Geeks with some answers. Give it up.

for the cpu temp, its not normal, its GREAT!! lucky, u got some nice temps. as for the no boot problem, put only the boot drive on the primary channel, and try the 300gb on the secondary. if still no os found, then do a bios update. i had same problem on this(1998 compaq ep/sb...only 32gb...im runnin a 40 and an 80 now, tho the bios detects the 80 as 17.6, and i cant boot from it). for the ram timing, have you tried switching/swaping the stick around? if still no, try declocking ur ram, or changing the timing in the bios.

Thanks
I did do a BIOS upgrade and It fixed my ram problem and now my temps are at 40 C like they should be at . But I havnt tried my drives again yet. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom