HD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbie

Beta member
I had to reformat my main HD and reinstall windows on it and was just wondering how I could restore my second HD, so that Windows sees it and I dont lose all the files I had stored on it

hobbie said:
I had to reformat my main HD and reinstall windows on it and was just wondering how I could restore my second HD, so that Windows sees it and I dont lose all the files I had stored on it

Windows should had done that automatically, but if not you could do it in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management.

yeah i get there but i keeps telling me to format it, and from what i understand this means i will lose all my data

hobbie said:
yeah i get there but i keeps telling me to format it, and from what i understand this means i will lose all my data

It should only ask to format if the drive is unallocated or free space. Are there any other option when you right click on that partition?

it says it is unallocated, and the only option it gives me on right click is to partition it

i deleted the partition on the master drive, not the slave, which is the drive im talking about

Then it should show up all by itself.

Otherwise you've obviously done something wrong.

Were talking about Partitions here.. Not "master and slave"..

You could have a raid set up and only have 1 c: partition... If you only had a C: partition then well your boned go and fetch a data recovery tool while you still have a chance.

If you had say a C: and a D: (or whatever your 2nd partition was called).. You must've have deleted both partitions in which case I refer to above. If not.. It should have showed up on first boot peachy clean!

ahh then i guess im screwed, any programs that can recover my files from my own stupid act

Try "Recover My Files"

You'll have to find a pro version on your own.. or go legit and pay for it :p..

Be prepared to search through a ton of [DIR00XXX] folders :p, if you havn't used the partition/drive much since then you should be able to do it.

If you physically cannot access the drive you must do a quick format that erases the MTF but all you're data is still on their.. Otherwise head on out and find a nice live cd.

Good luck mate.. Hope you get most of it back. Least now you know better for next time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom