upgrading my processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethellan

Beta member
Hi there Im to new forum and I whanted to know how to upgrade my processor to here are the specs on the web site I purchased the pc from

"
* AMD Sempron 64bit 2800 socket 754 (latest technology)
* 1GB DDR RAM
* CDRW / DVDROM
* 2 80GB Hard Drive (7200rpm)
* Integrated Intel Real 256bit Graphics
* 6 X USB 2.0 (2 x front 4 x rear)
* Eithernet Lan Port (10/100)
* 5.1 Channel Sound

Join the 64bit revolution with the latest Sempron 64bit processor. These machines offer stunning performance at an affordable price, Make no mistake these machines are fast. DonÂ’t be stuck with an old slow 32bit PC make the jump to 64bit.

Case: 350W Power PSU
4x 5.5" Bays
4x 3.25" Bays
2 x Front USB
Processor:

AMD Sempron
2800 1600Mhz FSB Processor

The AMD Sempron' processor is designed to redefine everyday
computing and meet the evolving needs of home and business PC
users. This full-featured processor is designed to deliver best-in-class
performance for today's value-conscious buyers of desktop PCs.

This is the latest AMD 64bit Sempron processor, and is capable of running windows XP 64 bit. Do not confuse this processor the old socket A 32bit model. This is a much faster processor than the old socket A model.
Motherboard: Socket 754, SiS 760GX Chipset,
Integrated Mirage 2 Graphics,
upto 128MB shared Supports
AGP 8X/4X 1.5v, 1x AGP8X/4X slot
Supports Serial ATA: 2 x Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s
CMedia 9761 5.1-channel Audio,
10/100 Ethernet LAN, ATA133
DIMM slots x 2 DDR400, Max. capacity: 2GB
Memory: In order to provide maximum performance this base unit features 256MB
Harddrive:

80GB
Fast ATA/Enhanced IDE Compatible
Ultra ATA/133 Data Transfer Speed
Quiet Drive Technolog

Optical Drive:

CDRW / DVDROM
This drive gives the ability to write CDs as well as read DVDs
USB:

2 Front and 4 Rear
"

also I did post at a different web site there only advice was to upgrade the FSB (front bus speed) if I was going to upgrade the processor but they werent too helpfull when I asked then how I'd go about doing my experience with adding hardware goes as far as adding new hard drives, video cards and ram cards thats about it I apreciate the help thanks

I think you should ditch the sempron and go for another socket. Either Intel 775 or AMD AM2. Those are the latest. What is your budget?

Im prepared to spend £150 but anything under would be good I also wouldient mind atleast being passed 2.0 gh of speed

we'll it was written a while ago so I can imagine it wouldient be, oh and also when you say "ditch" do you mean change the mother board?

"Around how much is 150 euros in US Dollars? or what is your budget in U.S. Dollars? Because there is a good deal on newegg a AMD Athlon 64 3400 socket 939 with an ECS KN1 Lite motherboard for $99. Pretty good deal.

http://promotions.newegg.com/AMD/AM...oard/index.html"

british pounds to dollars its around about 284.706 USD that does look like a good deal not sure if they ship to the uk also Im using an AGP Graphics card so I wouldient be able to use that Nvidia Geforce 6800 126 and are we certen that the mother board would work with the rest of my hardware components

"if you wanted to upgrade just the CPU then you could only go up to a 3000

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...html?AMD-S73064

I would save your money and get a whole new system"

I thourght it would be cheaper to upgrade but if it means changing the mother board I'll do it aslong as it works and fits nicely into place there wont be any problems also my computer when delivered came with a messed up PSU when I plugged it in boom and then it wouldient turn on so I whent online looked at what PSU was in there and replaced it (originaly not having clue about where things go) but I was ok the instruction manuel helped alot Im hoping it will be a simailer task with the mother board and cpu oh and also it stats "Cooling Device Cooling device not included - Processor Only" on the AMD Athlon 64 3400+ would I be able to use my old one?

oh yes and also the Socket 939 how much room for upgrade does that bring say a year on if I whanted to upgrade the cpu again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom