Wide Screen or not to Wide Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

Solid State Member
First post so apologies if have picked the wrong forum, btw thanks for all the posts I have read and learned from

Getting a new PC and have decided to go with a 20 inch LCD screen monitor but not sure if I should go wide screen. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Current usage is 40% work (spreadsheets, word processing and e-mails), 20% web surfing, 25% gaming (not too much high powered stuff but getting there) and 15% watching movies dvd's

For sure a widescreen man! I have a 20.1'' at 1680x1050 and Im never going back to the 4:3 aspect. Watching movies, gaming, surfing gives a better view.

Sitting at my gf's comp with her non ws LCD looks really wierd now to me lol.

WS > Reg.

I usually run my 21" wide on this PC I'm typing this post on now, but it's at a diff station currently and Im using my 17" LCD reg screen...just isnt the same once you get a taste of widescreen, especially for games/movies.

I personally do not like widescreen. The only reason you should get a widscreen monitor is if watching movies on your computer is the main thing you do with it. Dont forget that all non widscreen format video will have bars on the sides.

Widescreen FTW!!

I have a 20" widescreen and I will never go back.

16 10 aspect is just amazing, and games look excellent

I'm also going to have to say "go with the widescreen"...
I got one recently and I can't see myself going back.

With a widescreen you will sacrifice height which is annoying as **** with spreadsheets.

I have two 19" widescreen LCD's and they look really nice do a great job, but sometimes I wish I got either A. BIGGER or B. Non-widescreen.

My recommendation is to go with 20+ if you do widescreen

24" ws here. Takes some getting used to, especially for gaming, but it's great for multitasking and watching movies.

its also good for some widescreen enabled games. Oblivion for example im actually living widescreen in real life i dont remember if peoples heads are supposed to be round or oval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom