Crossfire x1950xtx vs G80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
You guys think a x1950xtx crossfire setup is as good as G80 or maybe sli g80? Or would it be just a little bit slower?

Im asking because I might go for the crossfire setup and wait for DX10 to mature.

tuff call, I think the 1950xtx's would keep up with a g80 or r600. With CURRENT games, now in like 6-8 months when a bunch more dx10 games start coming out you might lack because you will have to run them in dx9 mode. Losing some of the cool graphic advancements.

Hmm I can get a x1950xtx crossfire setup for $725 shipped?

Ya think thats a good deal for now and keep me going for atleast another 8-12 months or will i see prices drop alot once G80's are out?

of course prices will drop. but it all depends on how well the r600 sells. If it goes like crazy then they will lower the prices on the dx9 stuff and go full bore on all the dx10 stuff. But we wont know until it happens.

Jayvon said:
Hmm I can get a x1950xtx crossfire setup for $725 shipped?

Ya think thats a good deal for now and keep me going for atleast another 8-12 months or will i see prices drop alot once G80's are out?

Just one of those cards will keep you going for the next year... no need to waste your money on crossfire if your goign to turn around and get an 8800 later... use the rest of the money to get a x2 4400/4800 CPU if you have to spend it... the 1MB L2 cache will help performance and speed. then you can sell the 7900GT KO and recoupe some of the cash.

8800GTX price will be less than $700, and it might be better than X1950xtx in crossfire, so it is better to wait.

Nukem said:
Just one of those cards will keep you going for the next year... no need to waste your money on crossfire if your goign to turn around and get an 8800 later... use the rest of the money to get a x2 4400/4800 CPU if you have to spend it... the 1MB L2 cache will help performance and speed. then you can sell the 7900GT KO and recoupe some of the cash.

Well I got a sweet deal on Crossfire($725.00Shipped). I need the Crossfire because I play at 16x10. Also my x2 4200 is a -Toledo- so its 1mb L2 cache - Got a good chip too...clocked it to 2.9 on air.(1.4v)

Originally posted by maroon1
8800GTX price will be less than $700, and it might be better than X1950xtx in crossfire, so it is better to wait.

For the pricing of a single 8800, I got a Crossfire setup. Plus I want to wait atleast 8-12 months after DX10 cards and vista are out before I get them. Most games arent going to be using full dx10 for a long time anyways.

unless they have something out that I didn't see in the last few months... the 4200 x2 is only in the Manchester flavor... but hey... this is about a GPU... not a chip...

good call on the wait...

Nukem said:
unless they have something out that I didn't see in the last few months... the 4200 x2 is only in the Manchester flavor... but hey... this is about a GPU... not a chip...

good call on the wait...

9h30mstressio7.jpg

I was suprised too when I got it, I bought it from newegg and they only listed the Manchester version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom