new pc problems. please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

taruman121

Baseband Member
First off, i just receeived a new gaming pc.
although one problem right off the bat, the man who built it, forgot to add the power cable(connects pc to wall outlet).
is it dangerous for me to use a different computers power cable, is my first question.,

and if it is safe, my monitors that i plug into the pc are not working.
just looking for some answers.

i appreciate your time.
and thank you all very much.

If it's a desktop system, yes, any standard desktop computer power cord will work.

What is your issue with the monitor? Is it not connecting to the PC? Is it connected but not coming on? Is *it* plugged into the electrical outlet?

yes it is plugged into the outlet.
and into the back of my pc.

although as soon as i plug i turn on the monitor it goes right to standby phase and gives me that orange light.

i've tried two monitors that work on my other pc's.
it is also a desktop pc for the record.
and i really cant stress my appreciation for your guys time.
thanks alot.

If it is a gaming pc then I will assume you are plugging the cable into the video card (down in the expansion area) and not onto the onboard vga port (uptop buy the motherboard connections). If you have it plugged in correctly then bring it back to where you bought it. He may have internal power connectors wrong or the motherboard is toast. You could try removing the cmos battery and resetting the cmos but If I just bought a computer and it didn't work the first people to know about it is the people you bought it from.

yeah i was trying to plug it into the motherboards socket.
instead of the video cards.

lol.
i really do apologize and appreciate it.
you guys are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom