cant uninstall norton 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest1on

In Runtime
well i have norton 04 and i got norton 06 but it says it cant install cuzz norton 04 cant be uninstalled or something like that and i checked add/remove programs and it doesnt show anything symatec or norton i took it all out using CCleaner and now wen i try to install 06 it still says the same thing

things i did
- deleted symatec/norton with CCleaner but there is this one program symnet that cant be deleted cuzz it cant find the install and "symnet" doesnt show up on add/remove

- went to proram files deleted symnet/norton

if anyone knows how i can remove everything from norton 04 that would be great thx

Boot in safe mode, search for any files/folders with norton, delete them. If you can't because a service is running, end the service.

dont use norton it doesnt work returrn it for the money u paid and get avast home edition it is a free av and is a million times better than norton ask anyone

i searched for anyhting related to norton and didnt seem to find anything in files or folders and when i go to task manager i dont seem to find anything related to norton

Please download this tool it is specialized in removing Norton.

it will search your entire computer and delete any added registry Vaules.

download form here

This tool will not run in savemode.

norton_removal_tool.gif

This tool it remove all version of Norton 2003 - 2006

in some cases you need manually to disable the services ... you can go to Start -> Run -> MSCONFIG -> Services -> (( there will be around five services has "Symantec" word along with the name for the service)). you will be in need to uncheck the box for each service and try to run the tool.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom