fastmemoryman on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fastmemoryman

October 2006 in the UK

Paid “Buy it Now” price for 1GB PC2100 266Mhz DDR 266 Mhz 184PIN 1 GB NT 512MB from fastmemoryman in USA. Paid instantly with PayPal as I ordered it, but received an aggressive payment demand as soon as they received my order through eBay.

7 days later 512MB of memory turns up in the UK. Noticed that eBay advert states NT 512MB which you would think meant not 512MB but I suppose is some sort of US legal con as it doesn’t say “not” just NT.

Send an email to them and they expect me to pay postage etc to return the memory back to USA that they sent me by mistake.

After numerous emails with morons saying that I must pay postage to return the wrong memory, I submitted a claim with PayPal and reported scam to eBay. Lets see how long it takes for new memory to drop on my floor.
:mad: :mad: :amazed: :mad:

I know is late to be answering your question since was posted on early 2006. But I like to inform you and others that not to buy from fastmemoryman in ebay, or anywhere else online. They are fraud, and the feedback looks very good. I purchased a 1GB PC 2700 333 Mhz 184-Pin. My system board supports high and low density. The difference is the speed in your memory. Now back to purchasing the product from fastmemoryman. Shipment arrived and installed it. Turns out that when I checked my BIOS, it is only 32MB of memory. But the stick says 1GB and that is what I purchased for a 1GB not 32MB. Now fastmemory left a negative feedback stating that I purchased an incompatible memory chip. Well is not the compatibility, is that they send me a memory chip containing only 32MB, and printed 1GB.[/B]

I'm gonna have to disagree with that completely, unless you have any facts to back that up. Unless it's a processor (which is extremley fragile), or a motherboard, neither of which I suggest buying on ebay. A good 98% of other computer parts (RAM, vid cards, fans, psu's, sound cards, etc.) I've bought on ebay have arrived with excellent care in packaging, and have worked flawlessly. It completely depends on how good you are at picking the right auctions to bid on. ****, I save a good 30-50% off NewEgg prices which are already considerably cheap, and most of the parts you see in my sig were bought off ebay.

Obviously some people have trouble on ebay, but I really really really think it's cuz your to stupid to find a good ebay seller. I know many people that are awsome at picking great sellers to buy from on ebay, and they get fantastic deals.

Do what?

Fastmemoryman attempts to rip me off and sent 512MB memory when I ordered and paid for 1024 MB and you disagree. It's got nothing to do with eBay sellers, of which I am one, or other pc components.

It is to do with an American who sends lower size products to none US customers in the hope that they will acept the cheaper product rather than return the item at their expense and risk losing their money altogether. Thus making fastmemoryman more money.

Or should it be fastmoneyman?

well I was replying to what bravo had said, not you. And I was mainly talking about how he said,
But I like to inform you and others that not to buy from fastmemoryman in ebay, or anywhere else online. They are fraud, and the feedback looks very good.

Fastmemoryman

I placed a post alerting others who purchase at EBay to look out for fraudulent sellers like Fastmemoryman that enjoy's deceiveing EBay buyers by posting items such as "New Condition" "As Advertised",etc.. I purchased 1024MB memory and when checked by the BIOS read 32MB. Now, what seller or company would such a thing. I placed a claim and got my money back. I do not want to deal with this Fastmemoryman seller anywhere online. Remember, they do it once and will do it again. I got mine from Best Buy, don't care paying the 125.00 for a real 1024MB stick. Working fine, and great memory speed. Email me direct, let's communicate and if i can answer any doubtful questions, fine. I am here to help and ensure that you won't get the short end of the stick.

See if you dont have any problems in picking a seller thats fine. Maybe, youre too stupid to understand that there are other people that puts their trusts on EBay sellers and get screwed. What youre a professional ebay buyer, youre stupid to even think about that. I agree 100% with markies47, he got screwed and deserve a chance to get his money back.

bravo659 said:
See if you dont have any problems in picking a seller thats fine. Maybe, youre too stupid to understand that there are other people that puts their trusts on EBay sellers and get screwed. What youre a professional ebay buyer, youre stupid to even think about that. I agree 100% with markies47, he got screwed and deserve a chance to get his money back.

no no no, you completely missunderstood what I'm trying to say. I aggree, you did get pretty screwed from fastmemoryman, I'm not saying you didn't. But you said something along the line of, "I'm trying to warn you about buying on ebay and everywhere else online."

You have to understand that just because you got screwed once by some shmuck dosen't mean all ebay sellers are like that. There are loads and loads of great sellers out there, you just need to take the time to find em.

Yes, I did misunderstood. I hope not all sellers are the same. I have a friend that always buy at ebay. I am about to do the same and continue with ebay. Thanks for your clarification. Keep in contact. What is it that you sell in ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom