Urgent Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj_8920

Solid State Member
i had a 3.33ghz celeron d cpu and i installed a 3.2ghz pentium d today and when i tried to power up my pc it won't stay on more than 5 seconds, i have no message on the screen either. i thought it was power problems so i disconnected my fans and fan controller, even one of the ram sticks and optical drives, but still nothing......what can i do now?
thanks in advance

are u sure that u havn't touched the pins of the cpu?
if u havn't then ur mobo is having trouble accepting the cpu or the mobo might be oudated to run a pentium

1 more thing unplugging the fans from the system is ok unless u also unplugged the cpu fan then thats a different story.

Could the new 3.2 be faulty? Have you tried putting the 3.33 back in to see if it would work properly with the old one?

Also, check your mobo, to see if any capacitors are domed or obviously blown; those would probably affect it, also.

i plugged in the old cpu i had and still nothing, system will start but no response and it shuts down. i didn't touch the pins on the cpu that's for sure. i did not unlpug the cpu fan either, lol. i have 1gig ocz ram, 6800 geforce xtreme video card, i'll let you know about the mobo when i get home tonight, i had a 3.33ghz celeron D and i am installing a 3.2 pentium D now and i have a 450 watt ps that i bought with my xblade case, i also have 250gig hd and 2 dvd burners. Thanks for the help again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom