call the fire department...

Status
Not open for further replies.
word. i read that too. and am2 is "supposed" to be their new standard socket for some time...good for quad-core conroe crushers. jesus, imagine what cpus are gonna be in the next 18mos....
competition is good.
the only semi-second thought i am having is not getting a sli board.
but i figure that i can just buy a wreckin' ball card and not really need sli. i think it only boosts performance 50%, not like having two dedicated cards....bah, humbug.
when dx10 starts picking up and the new gpus come out you will be able to buy the best dx9 card for half what it is now, i bet.

bigr5026 said:
dell is rubbish now for a few reasons
I don't know about you but dell is good.....For the average consumer. My mom bought a 3.0Ghz P4 and 512 memory for around 400 with a 19inch CRT that is of really great quality.. Sure the internal components aren't of the greatest quality but 400 for all that is a good price no matter what you say because you think of it like this if you were to build your own... 400(Overall Price)-200(Monitor)-200(P4 at that time was this much) so right off the bat you would start spending more money on a "custom" computer with exactly the same pieces then just buying from Dell..... I am no fan of Dell but when I see a company that is doing something good for the community I recognize... because of dell a lot of schools and business have better computers then what they did have... You can disagree or whatever but just stay on topic with this guys computer.

I believe the system you just ordered should be good and in my opinion you should never buy a video card when it firsts comes out because it is just gonna be overly priced and then they might be buggy and etc.. I would always suggesting waiting a few months then buying then that would also give you time to wait for the price to go down.

nagasama said:

but i figure that i can just buy a wreckin' ball card and not really need sli. i think it only boosts performance 50%,.

You should start reading quad SLI Boosts performance by 300% not 50%

Oh and I dont like dell becasue I used to have one, and i needed more ram so i bought some XMS 2gb and what did i find out it doesnt fit one the mobo the notch is way on the other side if you want to upgrade you have to use cheap ol dell memory

Dell systems are nice if you don't do any gaming. Even photo editing will work on a Dell. I find nothing wrong with them at all. If you try to upgrade them with a graphics card, sound card, it will become very pricey.

Dell Monitors are extremely good quality and great resolution, but you have to get them shipped to you, you can't just go to Best Buy and pick one out.

TheEnd187 said:
You should start reading quad SLI Boosts performance by 300% not 50%

thanks but, so sorry, you should start reading. which card do i have (almost) in my possesion? 7900gs. not 7950gx2, bro...and two of them versus one is not going to boost 300% of anything.

oh, yeah...if anyone can get back to me about the divisor post i put up, it would be great.
thanks.

ya not many people around here have the pleasure of quad sli. your talking like almost a grand in just vid. cards. LOL but no thank you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom