Fans - not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skodster

Solid State Member
I have just built a computer with loads of power and need to maximise the airflow.

My motherboard has only two fan sockets, one for the CPU and one for the main case fan. I want to add an extra fan on the side cover. Is there an adapter you can get to take a feed from one of the other power feeds?

Let me know please?

Thanks for that but I am not keen on hacking off connectors to replace them with different ones.

I presume that these connectors exist to make sure that people put the right voltage plug into the right voltage socket?

I am not an electrician and this is dangerous territory for me. I would probably end up frying hendreds of dollars worth of 'hard earned'. My original question was asking if there was an adapter to hook up more than one fan?

Skodster said:
Thanks for that but I am not keen on hacking off connectors to replace them with different ones.

I presume that these connectors exist to make sure that people put the right voltage plug into the right voltage socket?

I am not an electrician and this is dangerous territory for me. I would probably end up frying hendreds of dollars worth of 'hard earned'. My original question was asking if there was an adapter to hook up more than one fan?

There should be plenty of extras. What PSu do u have?

The fans have the same connectors as the connector to the CPU fan.

I am concerned about;

1. Overloading the current draw on the motherboard connector

2. Supplying the fan with the wrong voltage.

There are 3 Pin to Molex converters in which you wouldn't be connecting the fans to the motherboard you would be connecting them to Molex connectors comming off the Power supply.

Like I said, use the Molex connectors just you need to find 3 to Molex converters also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom