Need data recovery program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave-427SS

Beta member
I got myself in real trouble when I tried to update the BIOS. Somehow the procedure corrupted a lot of system files and I couldn't boot. The recovery console in Windows XP would not even recognize the hard drive (Maxtor 300gb) anymore as a valid drive. I wanted to avoid re-formatting (thus losing data), so I purchased a separate hard drive (200gb Maxtor) and installed system on that drive.

So now my computer is working again, but my data is residing on my old drive. The drive is recognized, but Windows says there is zero data on it.

However, I used trial version of ZAR (Zero Assumption Recovery) and the program works, it sees the data files but you need to purchase the program to transfer them. I'd buy it, but they want $80 for a single-user license. That's just too much money for a program I'll probably only use one time.

Does anyone know a good (maybe free) recovery program?

thanks

since i cant officially say anything

google is your friend for some codes, i dont care what tyope, maybe for games, i dont know

i get all ym cheat codes from google

I have used FileScavenger before, and found that it was very useful. However, it is not free, but you should still be able to find a trial version for it.

bigr5026 said:
since i cant officially say anything

google is your friend for some codes, i dont care what tyope, maybe for games, i dont know

i get all ym cheat codes from google

wtf are you talking about?

I get all ym cheat codes from google

We're talking about a data recovery program, not cheats for Doom 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom