call the fire department...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
alright, i'm convinced...
i can build a better machine than dell. like smoking, on fire better...thanks to everyone who gave me great!!! advice and assured me that putting a system together is not the daunting task that it seems.

what i got comin':

abit kn9 nforce4 mobo
64 x2 4200+ windsor
western digital caviar 160 gb hd
evga 7900gs 256 ko
lg gsa-h10n dvd rw
corsair twin2x2048-6400c4 ddr2 800 (2gb)
coolmax cxi-500b 500w psu
benQ fp93gx 19" lcd 2ms
rosewill r5601-bk case
xp media sp2b
microsoft keyboard and mouse

that's right...the whole enchilada. for 1300. and change, including shippin', not includin' mail in rebates. and it will be here tuesday, not mid-november.
1300 bucks and it will (i think) beat the crap out of anything dell puts out anywhere near that price (and probably what they put out at a lot more!)
plus the joy of making it myself.
keep your fingers crossed...i am sure i will need help! especially when i start to oc...heheheh
congratulations! you have converted another hapless consumer!
p.s. about the only thing i didn't change on my original wishlist was the cpu...thanks again for the down-low everyone!

seems liek a good deal I personally dont like dell either but Im using one of their monitors (I wonder if scratching off the DELL logo will void my warranty?)

haha probably so.
i asked if i could put aftermarket ram in the one i was going to order and they're like, "umm we don't support that and it will void your warranty."
yeah right, more likely they just don't want you to see el generic brand mobo that won't support ram other than that which is stamped "dell".
dude, by the way your system is sick. sick. sick.

Holdon

go intel conroe, froget amd at the moment, mind you, i love AMD, hbut best bag for buck now.

Also, hold off until supposedly the 8800 is coming out in a few weeks

bigr5026 said:
Holdon

go intel conroe, froget amd at the moment, mind you, i love AMD, hbut best bag for buck now.

Also, hold off until supposedly the 8800 is coming out in a few weeks

I don't know about you, but it seems like he has already ordered it.

that's right...the whole enchilada. for 1300. and change, including shippin', not includin' mail in rebates. and it will be here tuesday, not mid-november.

oh craop, didnt see

still a kick arse gaming rig

eh, mail in rebates, be weary, alot of people dont get many back

tiger driect owes me a few, i scanned the recipts, i faxed them when asked to, ect
thare on rebate program (same company as them)
i was my money from those *******s

either way, decent rig, be weary of rebates

yeah, i was absolutely torn between the conroe and the windsor.
i did A LOT of research and question asking.
i thought the 6300 was a conroe...turns out it is allendale (but still a wicked cpu).
the 4200 was a little cheaper, and overclocks pretty easily on stock cooling(although not as much as an e6300), or so i have read. i do not know too much about oc'ing, just barely gettin my feet wet with building my own.
i don't think i will get into extreme oc limit pushing, scared i will torch it, haha.
so for my level of experience (none) with ocing and pushing the performance of the cpu, the 4200+ was, in my opinion, the best choice for the amount of money i wanted to spend.
as far as bad experience with dell, i just didn't like the fact that they say you can "build your own", but they wouldn't let me upgrade ram, wouldn't send me a system with no vid card, wouldn't let me put a 7900gs into the one i was looking at, etc...
so, like i have heard numerous times on this forum, dell is great if you just want a computer. they are not great if you want a custom computer...for less than 2500.00, anyway.

p.s. i have another post called divisors...can somebody look at that one and get back to me?

dell is rubbish now for a fw resons

i used to go dell for my servers, for the school i manage also, for my personal used, i grabbed one of the 299 p4s and it worked great as a server, now the entry level is 599, and i can build chaper than that.

eh, i think amd wll be releasing a conroe killer, hopefully for am2 soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom