Dc++

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3z

Baseband Member
Does any one know how to use this program? I can get connected to the hubs but after that i have no idea on how to use it

Can some one give me a step by step guide on how to use this please.

Thank You

I tried it once...but then didnt get into it...I ended up giving up and going with Soul Seek.

i think the program is pretty easy to use, just go into search, enable "only users with free slots", and look up whatever you need. if you cannot find it with DC++, it probably doesn't exist. all hubs have a share size qouta, if you meet that requirement you're in, if not you get booted.

DC++ isn't for n00bs who are used to the napster p2p copycats. the instructions are crystal clear, just RTFM. if you want someone to hold your hand, good luck. if you had a specific question like:

how do i set up port forwarding to allow active tranfer over passive tranfers?

i would definately guide you. btw if you are using broadband and have not setup your ports that is probably the reason you are not able to find any files at all.....because almost everybody is behind a firewall or router.

Whenever I need anything, DC++ is where I go. I need a program I can't find on Google? DC++. Ya, connect to a hub with a lot of people, than press the magnifying glass icon on the top nav bar and search away. Make sure your sharing atleast 5 gigs and have 2 slots open. If not, you won't be able to connect to a lot of hubs.

the avaerage minimum size is usually 30GB. most of the good hubs have at least 50GB minimum file-share size. i have around 80GB shared. you can cheat some of the HUBs by ripping DVD's. eventually you will get caught if you stay connected long enough.

There is one, top of the list in terms on users. It's called CZECHCHANNEL, it only requires 5GB, so that's what I use.

How the eff do you get 80 gigs to share?

Not that you should do this.....not at all. But you can throw all of your shared files into one folder and share it as 'Whatever'. Then map several drive letters to the same shared folder. Then, before connecting, add the different drive letters to the shared resources in DC++. I haven't done this myself, nor do I recommend it.

-Mike

that shouldn't work. DC++ can detect duplicate files according to filenames no matter what location.

I just tried it with anarchy's suggested server. I'm "sharing" 200GB. But it's really only 10GB.
Perhaps some servers have a more strict policy.

Remember not to share all your files. On many dc hubs you see some ppl sharing their personal files like emails and resumes containing their personal info and sometimes even passwords and login names to webservices. The solution to getting enough stuff to share isn't sharing your whole HD! I my self share a bit over 200Gb of anime! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom