Random Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaver

Baseband Member
Im having a problem and i hope you guys can help.

I can boot and my programs run fine, but if I leave my computer on for more than about an hour a half, my windows toolbar freezes and I cannot click on my programs to bring them up. Not only that, but task manager will not pop up and i have to do a hard restart. I have my CPU overclocked to 2.6 Ghz from 2.2Ghz, but I really do not think that is the problem. I will be attempting a reinstall soon if nothing has changed, because I was able to still copy all my important install files, such as all my game patches and apps(things like xfire, firefox, etc...). So a reinstall wouldnt mess me up too badly. I would like to avoid it if possible however.

Any input is appreciated as always. Thanks guys.

I dont think thats the problem, since I've had it Overclocked for upwards of 6 months, and I've never had a problem with it. I would really perfer not to have to change it back.

why do you guys give this response, everytime this happen to you. you are never suppose to overclock on a continuous basis. this always happens when you do that.

if you are lucky you didn't fry your ram

sry man, I wasnt trying to make you mad or anything.

Anyhow, I changed my OC setting back to normal, so i'll see if the condition improves and update

that's cool. that last guy that had this problem **** near cuss me out when I told him that advice

I hope I would have a little more common sense than to do something like that. My voltage was not increased, which is why i didnt think the OC was the problem. I reset my cpu to normal settings, like pre OC settings, and now I havent frozen going on 3 hours.

Thanks for the advice eric. hopefully you dont run across too many more *******s here on TF.

Alright, my windows toolbar froze again after about 3 hours. All my other prorams still run, and I can switch between them using Alt+Tab. I can still use firefox and surf the internet, but this is very annoying and i want it to stop.

Do I need new RAM? Did I fry it?
Or would a simple reinstall help my problem?

Thanks yet again.

hopefully you just got corrupted files. a reinstall will fix that

run memtest86 to do a ram check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom