Nothing goes right with my build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. again i run into another problem....... my stupid thing even with the ninja did NOT change any temps.. at all, its idoling at the same through bios..

and as i've stated before, no temp monitors work for this mobo, which is stupid, i've checked on msi's website and they don't have anything either...

its at 46 in BIOS which is pretty hot... i applied AS5 About the size of a grain of rice.... do i need to add more?

no you dont need to add more, a new HSF doesnt always effect your temps, and 46C isnt that bad mine (Opteron 144) idles just under that, well, and your board may be messed up but i doubt it

thats terrible considering other people with stock hsf and stock paste get 30's!!! and these things are supposed to run cool.. this is definitely not cool!

i'm trying to get help on the msi forum.. but those people are useless...

I would put a bit more than a grain of rice sized drop of Thermal Paste on the heat spreader. I would put a small pea sized drop, and get it all around the heat spreader. Also make sure that there is good contact between the heatsink and heat spreader.

Maybe your BIOS is getting a bad reading, because a Ninja should be getting WAY cooler temps than stock.

Dex

ya thats why i'm concerned.. and i did get another reader and its at 44 right now, bios i guess was a bit off but not by much.... imma try putting it on again and reapply the paste later on during the week, maybe tomorrow

BIOS is usually the most accurate, so it's likely your temp program is off.

Try updating the BIOS, it worked for me.

my bios is up to date.. i dunno, i just really ****ed off... after i had an oc session and it didnt boot, i reset cmos turned it on and found i was 70 degrees in bios.. after that, the temps have just been high...

I have a E6400, and the artic silver site recommended applying the AR5 in a straight line from top to bottom. Check out their site, its helpful.

I have a Zalman 7700, and have mine overclocked from 2.14 -> 3.2ghz
My idle temperatures are 42-44 C. I am very pleased with that considering how much i've overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom