3rd build...look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerbob86

Beta member
Hey. I've already built 2 PC's, and this will be my 3rd and most powerfull. Im trying to match it pretty well to the Alienware Area-51 Superman edition, which is the middle PC found here. I am good with the stock components in it, so the one that costs $1,799. However I know that I can probably save a considerable amount of money by building it myself, without the Alienware brand name making it cost double what its worth. Anyways...I picked out all the parts from newegg...heres what I got!

RAIDMAX Scorpio ATX-868WBP Case
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Microsoft Windows XP Home
OCZ GameXStream 600W PSU
Intel BOXD975XBXLKR Motherboard
A-DATA Vitesta 1GB (2 x 512MB) RAM
Seagate Barracuda 7200 160GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Samsung DL DVD Burner
Sapphire Radeon X1600XT
Samsung Floppy Drive

Thats what I've got so far...I dont need a monitor or speakers. Im assumnig that the motherboard has good sound onboard though. Also I just have some generic keyboard and mouse and that works fine. Does anybody see any possible conflicts, a way to improve it, or a way to save money and get the same preformance? Thanks a lot!!!

Someone on another thread suggested getting a 1GB stick instead of 2 x 512 RAM for easier upgrading later...

yeahhh that might be a good idea too, especially with vista and dx10 coming out soon ur gonna want to have more ram. so the 1 stick of 1gb is a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom