X800gto Agp O/c

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to get atleast 500/1100 or better.

Keep in mind they run really hot when you start OC'ing, you'll definately want an aftermarket cooler.

Yeah I've already got one looked out....Zalman VF-900Cu... should cool things down a bit... Does anyone know what stock settings are?

Ok CrazeD, he wont probably be able to hit those speeds. Almost all the agp versions use the r430 core, and its horrible for overclocking but can have pipes unlocked almost 100% of the time. The max oc I could get from my x800 gto agp from sapphire with a vf900 and as5 was 430/1060, its just that bad.

Is this with OEM cooling or the standard stuff that comes on it?

Also it says it comes with an R420 core, im guessing this is still bad for o/c if not worse than the R430?

Only the X800XL, X800 pci-e, Standard X800 AGP and All in Wonder X800 AGP come with the R430 core, not the X800GTO.

No its better then my r430 but the r480 would be best since it is a x850xtpe core and can be easily pushed up there. My guess is you will get much better oc'ing with the r420 core than my r430 core but less than the r480 core. Just get a aftermarket cooler and some as5, decent case cooling and go for it!

EDIT - Oh and the x800 gto I got does have the r430, its an older version. The newer x800's with the blue pcb have mostly r420's but some of the older red pcb's and newer blue pcb's have the r480, its all luck.

Ahh ok then, I'm getting an Xpertvision one, so I'm not sure what core it has, I'll check with my local computer shop though. Btw what is a pcb lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom