New Wireless Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamchardy

Solid State Member
Hello guys!

I need some advice in the purchase of a new Wireless PCI Adapter card.

First thing to know: I am 40 feet from the Router and one floor above it. It is a Microsoft Router.

I currently have a Netgear WG311 v3 Wireless card. I just can't handle it's poor performance. The signal strength never raises above two bars, and averages 11mps. It also drops the signal every 10-20 minutes making gaming impossible.

I used to have a Foxconn 3350 which had better signal strength, three to four bars, but started dropping the signal every 2-5 minutes. Although it averaged 54mbps.

I bought a 9dbi antenna which gave another bar to each signal, but it still drops the signal! =(

I have tested my wireless signal by moving my computer closer to the router temporarily. I had way better signal strength, but both cards still drop the signal constantly.

My problem is: both of my cards drop signals! I even tried my wireless at a friends house to see if my router was the problem. But I still had the same problem.

I need advice on a new card to buy that won't drop a signal. Which brand or card should I buy to get less drops?

I am hoping for one drop an hour, but right now I feel even that is asking for to much.

Can anyone help?

Both of my cards ARE wireless G, and WiFi equiped. That why I don't understand what the problem is. I have even moved the router around to see if I could find a clean signal. I have even tried 3 antennas in different areas. lol

Hmmmm guess I'll just have to keep buying different cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom