weird error on bootup..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyz

Beta member
last night i was on my computer as usual, and the computer decided to shut down. it wouldn't reboot, and this had happened before so many times that i knew i needed to reset the bios/cmos whatever you want to call it. so i did that just like i have done on several occasions in the past. then i noticed a small red pin just like the cmos pin (but its not that, the cmos pin is in the right place) rolling around in my case. i grabbed that and put it on my desk and tried to reboot. "error loading os" - never happened before. i dont know if this red pin has anything to do with it, or how long it's been rolling around in there, or how this error relates to whatever happened, please help though because it's a scary error and i want to get back on my comp thx..... :( and if the red pin doesn't have to do with this, well, it must go somewhere in there, suggestions?

mobo = N4SLI-A9 (AMD)

thanks

by any chance do you mean jumper block ?

All you have to do is find your manual for your PC. Or go to the manufacturers web site and DL a manual. Will have jumpers on it.

jumper block? what exactly is that? i'm not sure, it's the exact same size and shape as my bios pin. i looked through my manual and couldnt find stuff about it.

but good news, upon further investigation (common sense kicking in) i have realized what the problem is. when i reset my bios, it reset to my secondary hard drive as the boot device, and since it is only a storage disk of course it's not finding windows on there. the problem didn't happen last time i reset my bios because this secondary hard drive was installed recently. the only thing i ask now is how do i set my primary hard drive to the boot device? i can't seem to figure this out. i click select boot device in cmos options and click harddisk, and it only shows one ide drive (my primary is sata)...

still need to figure out about that red pin though..

:cool:

alright, i had to remove something from my 2nd hard drive to set it to slave. :confused: sheesh

i'd still like to know hwat that random red pin is though :amazed:

now it doesnt detect my 2nd hd, do i have to reinstall it with the original installer disk? if so do i lose all the stuff on there? i'm scared :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom