Conroe E6300 1.8ghz Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallGods

Baseband Member
I'm looking to upgrade to this rather nice, cheap, and powerful CPU, but have concerns as to whether my current Mobo is going to work with it.

ASUS P5n32-SLI Deluxe

I know its LGA775, but its the chipset compatibility I'm dodgy on. Any advice and ideas as to whether this is 1.) A sensible upgrade, 2.) It will actually be compatible with my current mobo, and 3.) If not, any recommendations on which board to upgrade to, assuming im on a fairly tight budget.

Thanks in advance, hope you can help!

that is an extreamly good motherboard, it is SLI ready and the way I see it, will go perfect with the E6300.

but i might recommend that the E6400 is the way to go right now, a recent article talks about how it overclocked to 3.33ghz with the stock cooler, read this youll see
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/10/10/cheap_thrills/

with that MOBO and CPU combo your comp will peak easily and you'll get some sweet results

I'm not sure, I've been trying to look into it, and it seems my current board may not be Core 2 Duo compliant, which I think is what it needs.

It seem the Premium version of the board I have IS however, which is annoying to say the least. Anyone know if this is right? I'd love to be able to just get this CPU (Cheers Elec_, the E6400 does seem a better choice!), but don't want to end up with equipment I cant use, and I cant really afford a new mobo...

That it does! Seriously thinking about upgrading to the SE now, and selling off my old board, the costs should just about be covered, give or take hopefully...

Don't suppose anyone wants to buy a Mobo...? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom