AMD Opteron 165 vs. Intel Conroe e6300

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
I know that most of you guys would just right away pick conroe, but let me explain my situation. I have a s939 rig right now, but with an agp card, so i wanted to get a new pci-E videocard and a new dual core processor, Since the processor i have now is an Athlon 64 3000. My question is how much better is the Conroe over the opteron, I am probaly going to buy a DFI Lanparty to go with it so i will be o/cing good. One of the reasons why I also want this is because it would force me to upgrade to ddr2 ram, and if i stay with 939 then i can keep my 1 gig ddr400 ram, and buy another 1 gig to make 2 gigs. Im not really looking for the most future proof rig, but I am plannin on running vista liek way after it comes out and when all the bugs are fixed, by then I'll probaly get a dx10 card to go with the Lanparty, 2gig ddr400, Opteron 165. so what do you guys think?

GO INTEL! but go for the E6400, its def the way to go right now

read this

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/10/10/cheap_thrills/

oh sorry, didnt read the whole post. all depends on if u wanna change ur rig to 775 or not

ive been hearing that the 939 is going down hill right now and soon is not gonna be the top socket for AMD. the 775 is holding up strong and right now the core2duo's are blowing everything out of the water and will continue to do so, so it all whether if u wanna change ur rig or not

ok cool, thanx for your opinion, but i just got another question that si ithin this topic. I'm planning to mae a sig that looks sumtin like this bsed on the parts i have and buying some new stuff:

-DFI Lanparty UT NF4 s939
-AMD Opteron 165 Dualcore (planning to o/c it as far as i can)
-eVGA 7900GS 256 mb
-2x1GB ddr 400 ram
-250gb sata hdd
-74GB raptor
-Antec 500watt psu

My question si with this rig do you think it will last me like a couple of years? I knwo new technology is out, but i already have the hdd's except for the raptor, and the ddr ram, I dont wanna spend too much on new stuff wen the old stuff wil do me well. so how long do you think a rig liek this will last me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom