Processor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphy235

Solid State Member
I'm a gamer, mostly low- mid range systems nothing too high end. Well it's come time for me to upgrade and i'm wondering which to go with. I'd like to get AMD but I care more about the better deal. my big question is which would be better

Pentium D 2.8 GHz Dual core

or

AMD Athlon 64 3800 Single Core

They're basially the same price so that's not a problem

i Think is better to buy a processor with HT technology and the speed around 3.4GHz..Cuz tats processor is made for gaming...

PW_Ranger said:
i Think is better to buy a processor with HT technology and the speed around 3.4GHz..Cuz tats processor is made for gaming...

I think you need to look at the link I provided. It gives benchmarks for gaming as well.

I think it better to buy a processor with HT technology,because i had tried with duo core processor to use for gamming but i show not very perfact for gamming and also i had tried it on a HT technology processor and it show good on gamming so i think is batter to buy a gamming processor..And for your more information, duo core processor onil speed up 30% more than a normal processor, mean tat if ur processor is 2.66Ghz in duo core it speed up to 2.7 or 2.8 ghz onil.so Processor with HT is better i think.

PW_Ranger said:
I think it better to buy a processor with HT technology,because i had tried with duo core processor to use for gamming but i show not very perfact for gamming and also i had tried it on a HT technology processor and it show good on gamming so i think is batter to buy a gamming processor..And for your more information, duo core processor onil speed up 30% more than a normal processor, mean tat if ur processor is 2.66Ghz in duo core it speed up to 2.7 or 2.8 ghz onil.so Processor with HT is better i think.

I beg to differ. Benchmarks prove that a Core 2 Duo is better at...well...everything than a P4 with HT.

I mean, look at these benchmarks and tell me that a P4 gets better fps than a C2D. You can't. You just plain can't.

Your experience was most likely not accurate. The "HT" gaming computer you played on likely had a better video card than the C2D computer. Or some other factor was at play.

And for your more information, duo core processor onil speed up 30% more than a normal processor, mean tat if ur processor is 2.66Ghz in duo core it speed up to 2.7 or 2.8 ghz onil.so Processor with HT is better i think
I'm not really sure what you mean by this. But if you are saying that P4s run at a higher frequency and therefore are better, you are wrong. GHz doesn't hold a lot of value anymore. C2Ds have a vastly improved architecture over P4s, and therefore are waaaaaaay more efficient.

Also, HT was meant to be an emulated dual core. The C2D is a dual core. The C2D is the new processor, and P4s with HT are old.

Elbatrop1 said:
I'm not really sure what you mean by this. But if you are saying that P4s run at a higher frequency and therefore are better, you are wrong. GHz doesn't hold a lot of value anymore. C2Ds have a vastly improved architecture over P4s, and therefore are waaaaaaay more efficient.

Also, HT was meant to be an emulated dual core. The C2D is a dual core. The C2D is the new processor, and P4s with HT are old.

So that's why no dual core processors are labelled as HT capable? I was never really in the loop with the whole HT thing.

Anyway, I think I've decided I'm sticking with AMD. My last three processors have been from them and have never let me down. But does anyone have motherboard recommendations? Socket AM2 and not super expensive. But other than that nothing really to ask. Thanks for the help.

well....if the benchmark prove tat i was wrong...i got nothing to said...but in my mind, i onil belive wat i experince...czu onil experince prove tat...And for the dual core processor tat i had talk, It really speed up 30% more than a normal P4 processor but not double the speed..Cuz many ppl in the world belive tat dual core mean 2 time it speed,but they are wrong,a big mistake tat each and every one make.People think tat if the dual core processor is 2.66GHz it mean it runs at 5.32GHz, double the it speed..And also i think INTEL will not be so stupid to put suach a high speed processor at onil for the price of 2.66 GHz prices. Dual core onil runs 30% more faster than a Normal P4 processor...But If u choose a AMD processor, i will also said tat u are rite.beacuse AMD really design for Gaming..Cuz most of it Processor are 64 bit and the cost are also cheaper than intel so much..

But any where THX for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom