Auto-logoff Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danath

Beta member
I currently have a problem with Windows XP (Service Pack 2) performing an automatic log off as soon as i log on. this problem started after installing the MBSA v2 from Microsoft and IISlockdown. Performing a restore helped the first time but to test if it was infact this i reinstalled both MBSA and IISlockdown and the problem occured again. however, this time when i choose to restore to today (26th) prior to MBSA install the problem did not go away. as of now i'm restoring to the 25th's restore point which fixed the problem the first time, but i wont know if it works till later today when i get home.

any thoughts or ideas as to why this would happen in the first place?

i think ur windows had corrupted by the new software tat u had install..Becaue u cannot restore ur computer so often and also restore will damage ur computer software beczuse it go back to the stage tat u wan but i will mostly corrupt ur file...AND the most important was tat are ur IISlockdown a illegal software??..I think the onil safe way is to reinstall ur Windows or ur may go in to the safe mode and go to my computer and right click ur HDD and check error of ur HDD and it will tell u to restart ur windows to perform the HDD checking..If it really work than Gd lucky for u.....

THX

the last time I had any problem of this sort it was related to security audits, i believe there are several conditions involving security audits that will cause windows to prevent you from logging on.
It doesn't sound like this is your exact problem but it might be something worth looking into.

can you log on using the XP default Administrator account?

ya, safe mode (I disabled Admin in standard mode). as for the IISlockdown; doubt it's illegal since it's the same thing microsoft suggest be downloaded.

-problems been fixed and mbsa & iislockdown are now in my black book :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom