Help me Mod my Q pack! Ive got a couple ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
So, I decided to keep my Q pack after all. Its an all black, 3 window case. Can be seen at: http://www.atxcases.com/products/uploadedimage/thumb/X-QPACK-BK-4_250 two.jpg

Basically I want to quiet it down ALOT, and make it a little more flashy. Also want to get rid of some of this wire clutter...

These are the components I have installed:

Pentium D940
Asus P5LD2-VM
G.Skill 2x 1gb DDR2 800
Antec Truepower 2.9 550w
LG Black DVD-RW
WD Caviar 250gb 16mb cache
STOCK heatsink
That loud blue 120mm case fan

Things to do:
1. Spraypaint and Gloss Inside black or red?
2. Get a quiet Red LED 120mm exhaust fan... anyone know a good brand?
3. Get either a thermaltake Ruby Orb... or maybe an easy to install watercool kit.. know any?
4. Get some decals or something to cover that ugly HD up... maybe put the watercooling tank in front of it?
5. Red Cold Cathode
6. New psu... fix the clutter a bit? Maybe something more powerful (for 8800gts...) and something better then flat gray or silver or whateer this thing is.

Any other suggestions? Right now im not exactly satisfied with how it is... but ive decided if I cant sell it, I might as well try to make it awesome.

left.jpg

Picture012.jpg

thats the mods that ive done to mine, some ideas

looks pretty good, i saw your post.. i like the carbon fiber.

Know if I can fit the Golden Orb II or Ruby Orb into this thing? What heatsink you using? the stock intel is too loud for me..

Anyone know much about modular PSU's? Are there any 650+ watt ones on the market that are reliable?

golden orb 2 fits fine. blue orb probably fit fine too. i also bought a bunch of those 5v fan things so all my fans are 50% quieter. and if youre going to try to fit an atx psu in your qpack, it wont work. been there dont that. thats why i bought the microfly(one with grillz) to fit my hiper modular psu in, which still doesnt fit perfectly. i would highly reccomend a non-modular psu as the wires stick out too far from the psu and wont let the psu sit like it should. but most of all to start off with sound, get a fan controller. that should help a lot.

I own one, and so far I have started sleeving the cables, and I made a hole in the side for a fan.

I also installed some cheap red cold cathodes, and one burnt out.

well i'm planning on getting one of these cases and hooking myself up with an Asus mATX Core 2 supporting board and an ultra cheap Pentium D 805 to tide me over. my plan was to eventually graft a decent sized LCD panel like the sort used in cars that can be powered off 12v and by composite video onto it. that way i would pretty much have a laptop on steroids.

By the way, I would suggest that you sleeve your cables. It looks so much better with sleeved cables. I use duct tape to get the wires together, then put UV sleeving over it. It works great.

Also, you will want to be carefull if you choose to drill holes in the side of the case, because the material used for the windows is somewhat brittle.

I will be doing some mods to my case tonight, I will post pictures if you want to get some ideas.

Dex

ok i found some yellow spray paint for the inside. Gonna gloss it up as well... Ill be going Blue/Yellow inside now.

So ill get the golden orb since it has yellowish fins and a blue fan. Ive only got one case fan...dont really need a controller. I think the main issue was the stock heatsink for the pentium D.

To R1choch3t: What do you mean an ATX psu wont fit? I got the X-QPack ... which fits my Antec Truepower 2.0 550w no problem.. with extra room to spare. What PSU are you using?

Only thing left to decide is what to do with my PSU issue... I ripped out every cable connected to the front except for power... to save clutter. But the non modular antec 550w psu i have is sleeved...but the extra cables have too much bulk and no where to keep it.... any ideas what i should do with the extra 7 or 8 LONG cables on this thing>?

Anything else to add to this buy list:
Blue Thunderblade case fan
Blue Cold Cathode
Golden Orb II
Psu????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom