Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfeyes89

Daemon Poster
Hi guys been a while i hope someone can help me because i have tried everything.
Well heres the deal i have a Abit Av8 motherboard (socket 939, AGP,), this motherboard came with my alienware computer...now recently i purchased a socket 939 AMD X2 4800 from newegg along with a vigor moonson 2 cooler. Now i know the rules flash the bios before installing an X2 on an old m/b like this so it can be compatible now i tried using Abits new bios but i couldnt install them because the flash utility kept telling me my m/b wasnt supported by that bios vs which was weird so i called Abit and they told me to call alienware because the motherboard was especially made for alienware and i could only use their bios so i called alienware and they told me to install their bios 16 update so i did and everything went great so afterwerds i uninstalled my old amd 3500 and installed my new x2 4800 but wen i turn on my pc its not recognized by the bios or by windows so now i cant flash my bios with abit bios and alienware is too lazy to update theirs so now im stuck with a x2 4800 running only one core...i would really appreciate if u guys had any solutions because i dont want to have to waste like 700 bucks on a new vid card psu and mobo thnx guys hope u can help me!!!! :)

I really don't think there's anything else you can do if you cant find the proper BIOS. I would look for another Motherboard that will work with your new Processor and will accept your older vid card. I dont think it should cost you as much as you think.

any recommendations for a good motherboard that will let me overclock my 4800 and will my 6800 gt still survive another year or should i just go pci express or would a memory upgrade b more efficcent i do some gaming but i would like some bragging rights against my friends 7950 gt512mb and intel 950.

wow. that mobo is OLD!!! besides, ailenware is dell, so its never gonna get done, so may i suggest a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 s939 mobo ^_^

EDIT: o wait, u want agp? lemme see wat i can dig up

this board is packed full of features

but if u got the bux, it would be better to get a pci x16 card

EDIT: braggin rights eh? lol, right place, right time. PEOPLE!!! C2D SUGGESTIONS!!! just get a c2d e6300, 550w psu, 2 7950gx2 in sli, 2gb ram, 1tb storage, 2 dvd burners, and a nice liquid cooling system to top it off

wow i actually like that agp board if im not wrong it can actually hanlde a pci express and agp vid card think its safe to overclock with it?

That C2d suggestion is awesome but theres a small problem im down to a 600-650 budget and im the "AMD Freak" in the group who thinks the still hope for the Fx line :D.

i know i found it weird too everyone says they are the best for overclocking and gamer performance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom