Non-SLI Core 2 Sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but they need to support conroe, so here is the list i came up with from newegg:

ABIT AW9D Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard $189.99

MSI P965 Platinum Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard $134.99

MSI 975X Platinum Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard $169.99

ASUS P5B Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard $184.99

Which one is the best?

So since that has 2 pci express 16x slots I can just buy any two video cards and run them simultaneously for 3 LCD's?

but, if your going to go with the 975x... DO NOT GET OCZ RAM.... i grabbed ocz ram and it would not boot... so if getting ram i would suggest corsair...

the msi 975x is very nice, its always running cool, and overclocks very nicely.. i havent had any problems with it yet....... well besides the first month of trying to get it to work.. lol

I already have 2 gigs of OCZ ram pc2 6400. So maybe the MSI P965? or Abit board? Also keep in mind I won't be doing any overclocking?

Also to repeat the previous question. These boards with 2 pci express 16x slots, I just need to pick up 2 cards and I will be able to run 3 lcd's? So despite what was said earlier, SLI WON't WORK?

Yes, I just want to make sure (esp considering some people said it is a *must* to have SLI and one guy said it's not) so i'm not out a bunch of change.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom