Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame369

Baseband Member
my system is....

p4 2.4 ghz
1 gb of ram
geforce 6600gt 126mb

i was thinking about upgrading to a 7600 gs 256mb due to slowdown while playing games

would it be worth while? (i dont have a pci-e slot)

I just had a **** of a time trying to decide whether to get an AGP card since my board right now has no PCI express slot. I decided to order a new cpu&mobo since fellow TF members have mentioned more and more companies are phasing out AGP so to make it easier on myself I got a mobo with a PCIe slot. If you ever decide to do what Ive done go
h
ere
and you can get a pretty good deal.

However, if you don't feel like upgrading your motherboard to PCIe (which will force you to get a PCIe card, obviously) there are several deals on newegg aswell for the 7600 gs. And yes I think upgrading from your 6600gt would be..it is no longer top of the line and upgrading would help you alot.

btw, what games do you play?

greets

shifty

i tried playing battlefield 2142 but i have to have everything on low... i am looking to improve my fps by about 15 or 20 if possible i only have 360 uk pounds to work with, i was thinking getting a 7600 and another gig of ram will this achieve what i want?

roughly how many frames would i get by upgrading from 2.4ghz to 3ghz and getting a 7600 256mb but not getting more ram? compared to what tom says?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom