Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnmcque

Solid State Member
Hi all first post so here goes. Iv currently got a geforce 128mb mx 4000 and i want to upgrade to at least the 6 series. The one iv got i believe is in a pci bus slot 8x but im not sure. Can anyone tell me how i find this out for sure and also i think i have "agp" slots 8 x but im not sure again. Thanks as you can tell im not a computer wiz so any other info i need to know on graphics cards would be great

cheers
john

Get a program called CPU-Z and it will tell you the info we need to help you further. Welcome to TF. I'm assuming you either have a PCI video card and an empty AGP slot, or an AGP video card. Also what is your budget for upgrading. You should also tell some specs about your system.

orite cheers , i just googled it and im confused lol i really am a computer dummy , does anyone have any other infor , i think i found this info once myself in my computer near the device manager iv had a look and cant find it again

For CPU-Z, go to this link:
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
click on CPU-Z 1.37 right under "download latest version" if upper left part of screen. Save it to a folder of your choice. Windows XP can extract the files. Then double click cpuz.exe to run.

This program will help identifying your mainboard which we can then research further.

Is this working for you?

U can know it by knowing the power needed for the graphic card if it AGP 8X it 0.8v i think and AGP 4x is 1.2v i think so cuz i did not check it....i jus know tat for long time.... But if u buy a AGP 8x graphic card and ur AGP slot is 4x and let it be..cuz it will runs ur graphic card at 4x...so dun worry about crashing between motherboard and graphic card..
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom