My first build, I'm buying it today need input asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

mps

Baseband Member
Ok If you had seen my ram thread I've decided on a set. Here's the spread sheet again, as of now this is how it looks. And a reminder All of these prices are form TigerDirect

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3804926

I don't have a sound card mainly because I don't think I need it just yet, I can deal with the speakers on the monitor or the use of my dad's $250 headphones. Also I'm sure I don't need a network card, since it's built in. What's the benifit of a network card anyway? Faster connection to the LAN?

I'm planning on purchasing this computer later tonight so ALL constructive critisizm is welcomed.

If you want me to change a part just IM me and post it here so everyone can see it, the IM will just be faster for me to know that I have a suggestion.

Yes this IS my first build on my own, I've rebuild a pos from my middle school when I was in 7th grade, If I have any questions I'll post them in this thread or ask my dad.

Thank you very much in advance.

You might be able to get better prices at newegg.com. Plus they ship faster.

Ya I didn't check the shipping prices, or times, what's the difference between the two?

edit> I will be checking them for the prices when I order, so I may have to get 2 orders, one ot TD the other to NE.

The 512 that I had on my list was x2, I should have mentioned that before, I had it priced that way. I guess the measly 10pt "x2" wasn't that visable.

:eek: doh!

Sorry then. Yea so the build sounds great then! Good choice buyin off newegg, they're pretty much the best online computer store.

The second one is better. Trust me you will love the 4600 cpu and the 7600 vid card. Also, a network card is the same thing as the LAN that comes on your mobo. There are only two instances where it would be better: 1. If you were using a wifi network card which obviously...is wireless 2. If you were to buy a gigabit network card (10/100/1000 mbps) which is mainly used in businesses by all means is no different to someone like you or me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom