Gigabyte GA-8I945GMH-RH Not booting, not one bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

planbgaming

Beta member
Ok,

Just put together my new shiney Dual Core PC and I cant get the **** thing to boot.

Important stuff is

Gigabyte GA-8I945GMH-RH
E6300 Core 2 Duo
Onboard graphics
Corsiar 512MB DDR2 667MHz 64Mx64 non-ECC 240 DIMM Unbuffered CL5 RAM

I put it all together and when I power up the fans all spin, the harddrive spins up, but I get nothing on the screen, no bios, no beeps, nothing. Changed cables around, checked everything is seated properly, psu is powerful and new, tried different screens, tried all sorts :/

Any ideas you wonderful people?

could be many things but def sounds like the mobo if ur not even getting bios screen try flashing the bios. it prolly wont work but worht a shot and if that do3esnt work i would say rma the mobo cuz if it was anything else u would still get ur bios screen

an51r said:
if it was anything else u would still get ur bios screen
Thats not true. I have the same problem with a Gigabyte 8I915G mobo but I replaced it with a different model by Gigabyte and it didn't change anything, couldn't get to the bios. But there is a chance it could be the motherboard. Try find another system to test each component on and if you find out what wrong get it replaced under warrenty.

Uniqu3,

Did you get your mobo sorted eventually? I have just applied for an RMA as im pretty sure its the MOBO. Im getting no POST nor any beeps

ThatÂ’s exactly the same symptoms as mine but my system was running fine for 9 months and one morning wouldn't start up. I ended up buying a new mobo and tried everything in that one and nothing changed (Ended up replacing PSU and RAM aswell which was a waste of money). I'm replacing my processor which I should get tomorrow (Core 2 Duo E6400) cos I think that might be my problem but in your case though it sounds like the motherboard. Make sure you include EVERYTHING with your motherboard when returning, they like to find any reason not to take it, although if your returning within 14 days shouldn't be too many problems. Good Luck

Im looking for a core2duo board that has onboard graphics and supports raid5. There are none out there! Im sticking wih this one and replacing the processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom