Need your feedbacks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Ok someone asks my help in upgrading his pc mainly the cpu, mobo, psu and RAM..He will use it for multi tasking and photo edting and slight gaming as well...I want to ask if this mobo is good for Core 2 Duo?

Gigabyte GA945P-S3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128015

And Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

And will Geil 512MB DDR2 667Mhz ran on that? Cant find DDR800 here yet..

His budget is $300 at max. Sadly, on the Core 2 Duo setup, after the cpu and mobo, there is only little left for a cheap psu. he has 1gb ddr400 to sell for that Geil 512MB DDR667 so no prob on RAM..Video card only..

I want to ask also if AMD Athlon X2 is good in multitasking and photoediting as well? I might suggest him the AMD setup instead due to monetary issues. ANd seeing that AMD performed just as well before Conroes came.

Thanks

Great build add another 512MB and AMD X2 are good multi-taskers but that PSU is a problem you need a stedy one for each of the builds

I think the AMD 64 X2 is very good at multitasking. One can build a very economical system with the AMD 64 X2 3800. Memory (about 1 GB) is fairly inexpensive. You can get a value micro ATX mobo with onboard video. A separate video card may be added later to enhance gaming performance if needed. I've always used MSI mobos (such as K9NGM2-FID) and have had very good luck with them.

What other good mobos with G6100 on-board video are good aside from MSI?

Foxconn
Gigabyte
Biostar
Epox?

I think you will probably do well sticking with any of the major manufacturers: Gigabyte, Biostar, Asus, MSI. . . One that might be
worth considering: AS Rock AM2NF6G-VSTA.

Well fist off i wouldent go with a gigabyte mobo...had waaay to much trouble with them i run a small computer company and i orderd 5 gigabyte boards for a business account 3 out of 5 were bad and gigabyte tech support hah what a joke...MSI F T W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom