BIOS floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RX851 that will not boot and I want to try flashing the bios but the utility available from Sony is an installer that won't run on anything but the specified system (it won't even install on my other system to let me create a disk) Can anyone point me to just a plain floppy image or something? I can't seem to find anything.

Yes it used to boot but now I'm getting a bluescreen if it even gets that far, so I think it's either a problem with the memory or motherboard but I wanted to try flashing the bios as a last resort.

I wouldn't flash the BIOS, the easiest thing to test on a laptop is memory. Normally in a back plate you need to remove see if it has 1 or 2 sticks. If its 2 take one out and try again then if it still BSOD then try the other stick.

Just now got a new error during post. CMOS checksum error. The onboard video has quit working now and it locks up if the HD is plugged in so I'm just calling it a dying mobo. Unless anyone has any other ideas I'll just get a new board.

arr sorry thought VIAO was sonys laptop range. Well see if you can lend some ram of a friend or better yet take it round their house so you can put them next to each other try out their PSU too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom