Microsoft i.e 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to a command prompt and type the following commands to reset the TCP/IP stack in XP:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt <ENTER>

netsh<ENTER>

dump<ENTER>

exit<ENTER>

Okay it's been a while since I logged in it's been one of those weeks. I tried the tcp/ip reset from the cmd prompt it didnÂ’t work :( so i finally resorted to system restore and fixed the problem :) Only I still don't know what caused it or how to fix such an error so I lost in the gaining of knowledge but I can enjoy normal web browsing once again.

Thanks for the help.

Ha I figured it out, ha it was so simple I canÂ’t believe that I over looked it. Man do I feel stupid.
After restoring xp to a check point of about a month ago everything was working fine, I was able to sign into all padlock sites etc. So I began to tweak the system back to the way I like it including the adjusting the start up resources. After I rebooted I realized I once again had the same problem- not being able to sign into msn messenger hotmail and so on. Then I remembered that I had just drastically reduced what would load at start up before this problem originally surfaced.

So the problem the whole time was that I was not allowing something to load at start up which affected my browsing capabilities so drastically. ItÂ’s nice to get to the bottom of a bottomless pit every now and then eh?

Yeah you were right thanks. It was fun looking at it hindsight. ;) I look forward to sticking around, interacting and learnin more from you all.

Conquering the machine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom