ok ok maybe i'll just build it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hello all.
this is a complete system that i have picked out from newegg.
i don't know bout this computer buildin', but you guys have convinced me that i could most likely do it!
this is the link:

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Shopping/shoppingcart.asp?submit=view

now, performance wise...how did i do?
also...main question...are there any suggestions as to how i can lower the price maybe a couple of bills while retaining similar performance?
thanks in advance!

nukem thanks lots.
like the suggestion of the 4200+.
also question about the ram,
will running ddr2 675 be that much of a performance difference than the ddr2 800?
the only other thing...i notice the mobo you suggest is not an sli board.
i don't know if i would ever use sli...would probably just upgrade to a single kick butt video card...wouldn't really need it then, and i don't think i am hardcore enough to appreciate it.
thanks for the suggestions, man.
price difference of 220 bucks.
right up my alley on price.
oh, and thanks for not bustin on my choice of cpu manufacturer.

with the new cards coming out soon that will have DX10 capability you won't need SLI right away and honestly unless your running some serious games or programs you won't need it with the higher end cards.

the ram will not make a difference unless your getting into overclocking and pushing the limits of your system. So I don't think you will see a performace difference at all.

I wouldn't say no to an aftermarket fan now... cooling is ALWAYS a good thing... the cooler the better. but for now to get you started the stock cooling will be good. once you get more comfortable building and playing around then you might look into one with some Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste.... Stuff is kinda expensive but WELL worth it... it'll drop your CPU temps down nicely.

but I would suggest getting your parts now and get yourself up and running... btw... I didn't see an OS... I'm assuming you have one to load onto it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom