SAM File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tool462

Baseband Member
hi. i'm just interested if there is a way to view and decrypt the SAM file.
ive already booted with a linux live cd and copied it onto the hard drive, but i cant find a decent decrypter. its not like i really care but its fun to **** off my brother every time he changes his password. go into his account and change some stuff, mess with his brain. mwah ha ha ha ha ha.

Tool462 said:
hi. i'm just interested if there is a way to view and decrypt the SAM file.
ive already booted with a linux live cd and copied it onto the hard drive, but i cant find a decent decrypter. its not like i really care but its fun to **** off my brother every time he changes his password. go into his account and change some stuff, mess with his brain. mwah ha ha ha ha ha.

I don't condone such actions but you could use a boot cd and reset his account password to blank. Thats if you can follow the boot cd instructions :p

boot cd
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/cd050303.zip

John the ripper: not really, if the file is over 8 character and is complex, would take you very long, too long to wait IMO. Restting the password would be the method to go.

It's perfectly legal as long as it's in a professional envirnoment like a work place or you own the computer.

yeah cheers guys. but i found a prog called SAMInside.
It find passwords pretty quick without bootcds or anything.

sorry i was mistaken. you still need to copy the sam file onto the hard drive using linux or something. then it will try and get the passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom