Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagendogg

Solid State Member
I am in the process of a build and i am stuck. I have a dfi infinity ultra II and a Athlon 64 x2 4200 and 1gig of Corsair ram installed. I've got the board in the case and all the power cords and led cords hooked up i powered on the board with the ram and the processor and it turned on the first time with all the fams working. I then turned it back off and stoped for a bit to eat. The next time i turned it on the light on the board came on but no fams at all? Why are the fans no longer comming on? I want to install the video card but i'm afraid to go forward with the fans not comming on anymore.

Have you double checked all the power connections? It seems to me that if the fans aren't coming on, perhaps they aren't getting power?

Another thing to check are the capacitors on the motherboard. If any are domed or turned black, they are blown, and a blown capacitor could cause the fans to stop working. There was one brand of motherboard that was having regular problems with blown capacitors. I can't remember which brand.

Does everything else seem to be working properly, besides the fans?

Well the thing is I was able to power on the system right after i put on the processor. I switched the jumper setting. It was on Clear CMOS Data when i got the board so i switched it to Normal (default)...Could that have done anything??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom