newb overclocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana

In Runtime
I just started to overclock my gpu 7600 GT. I am using rivatuner and 3dmark03 to see the effect. To start of, it says my default core and memory are 560/700. So i changed up the core first. I know its by a large amount, it is because i tested before and it was safe, but i had quiestions so i set it back to default. I am using only the 4 video tests on the mark. Does this make sense?

core/memory 3DMARK03 SCORE
604/700 10248
636/700 10404
653/700 10376
675/700 9963

Then i did the 636 again since it had the highest score

636/700 9948

Why is the number going down? and i have heard that the 7600 can only go to about 620-640 with air cooling and its not moving over 55 C.

Just wondering if this is normal...i have PNY 7600 GT if that matter.

Thanks for the help in advance

No, that doesn't make sense why the number is going lower the only thing I can think of is the mem is bottlenecking it, try increasing the mem speed as long as the temp stays the same. When you are torture testing do about 3-5 runs of 3dmark06 and then do some heavy gaming and then check the tempature. If you are just increasing the clock and then do 1 run of 3dmark the tempature isn't gonna increase as much and then you can't tell if it is stable. All the same time make sure you are looking for artifacts and etc..

Ok, i looked it up some more online and i think i found a decent core/mem numbers. I set it at 610/800. I ran a 3dmark and got a 13906. Then played fear for about 45 minutes then another 3dmark and it scored a 13901. So does that mean that it is stable and everything? havnt seen any artifacts or anything, or does that mean that i should take the core up a lil more?

check the tempatures and those numbers can be different for his card what I mean by that is that it can definatly be lower then your card's capability since no cards are made exact.

No its becuase the card dosent have the proper voltage.

Thats the main reason, and it just slows it self down.

Lord AnthraX said:
No its becuase the card dosent have the proper voltage.

Thats the main reason, and it just slows it self down.
Ahh ok that makes sense, I was thinking that the speed of the clock was to high for the mem and slowing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom