two 17'' widescreen monitors joined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdm BB6

Baseband Member
hey, i am not sure if this goes here and i am sorry if i had placed this in the wrong thread itself.

i have a simple dell desktop and i am just tinkering with it, i came across two seperate 17'' widescreen monitors that i would like to join them together as one single screen. for example not 2 screens with one screen having on and the other having and doing the same thing , i would like to be able to click and drag an image from one monitor to the other..

i upgraded my vga card with a 128 to start with and i have the nessesary ports, a dvi and 15 pin monitor port, i also have the Y cable just incase needed.

when im in the windows OP where do i go to get this setting up and running, if it doesnt recognize it, what do i do if i get down and dirty.... please help with my newb question ha

my programing teacher wasnt helpful in the least bit !

Thanks for looking,
Deric

You're either talking about dualview or horizontal spanning. To do this, right click on the desktop, go to properties, then go to the settings tab, and click advance, click the tab with the name of the graphic card on it, nview display settings (assuming you have an nvidia card), and in the nview display mode there is a drop down menu. You can either pick horizontal span or dualview. And then click apply. Which ever suits you best. Horizontal span is having two monitors stretching out the desktop space, making it seem like one big desktop area. Dualview is having two monitors, that sort of have their own different desktop area. So it's like two desktop areas.

thanks a lot man, i guess i am going with horizonal view, i want to stretch my desktop

ill attempt to do this tonight after i get out of work around 9 tonight, i have college all day then work. if i have any questions or problems then i will post them on here

thanks forthe info man

Deric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom