NEW build! some advice... not my first

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
ok guys , first off i wanna say thank you for all the help and support, ive built one rig so far and have 2 lined up now. and becasue of this board im no. 1 in my a+ class THANKS GUYS!!

ok to the rig, its from my mom. She is a mega mutitasker , if she dosent have four windows up she aint sitting in front of the computer lol. so i was thinking about giving her my stuff and hooking my comp up but she needs it for momre important stuff so i was liek ima hook her up instead. So i was thinking about taht intel core duo e4600 ? im deff thinking dual core for her im working on a build but the doors are open for suggestions and about the vid card..... jsut a reg one right she dosent do much gameing and watches the ocational vid.... so liek a low end card right and i know pcie pcie.... lol thanks in advance , TYYK

Thermaltake Mambo $45 free shiping from ZZF
Gigabyte DS3 ~ $150
E6400 ~ $240 (ithink)
1 Gig of DDR2 667 ~ $100 (for a cheap brand i doubt she will need something expensive)
Antec Trupower 550watt PSU ~ $90
Biostar 7300LE ~ $50

i think that would do her well

was thinking about getting her 2 gigs bc wiht vista she'll prolly want that in a lil bit after its out and she is heavy heavy on the tasks bro i mean like HEAVY lol ... i dont know how she can do so much at once what bout this mobo

BIOSTAR 945P-A7A (8.0) Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 945P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail?

i was looking at tath ocz gold its 199 and i plan to have a window so gold would look cool but if that one comes in i wil ldef jump on it .. this build is shecduled for around december.. so prices shoudl fluxualte a lil down right?

ok ive bee nchilling looking and im thinking about giving her a 40 gb sata drive for windows xp / maybe vista if she wants to switch and all the drivers... and then a like 120 for all her data good idea bad? bc she will have important stuff on this rig and i know windows can a will crash random and if i do that then we could take the 120 out and plop it in my pc to get her data out if anything else were to fail correct? jsut a thougt......

dont forget windows stores temp on drive c, you dont want to run out of space on c, but 40Gb sounds ok, defenitely dual core for multitasking, and the case with power supplies is "you get what you paid for" I bought an X-connect like a year ago died in 5 mins more like 2, I also bout some 550W PSU for like 25 bucks, guess what? Fried my mobo, thats right you should problaly get a name brand to be on the safe side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom