PC keeps shutting down itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
my friend wanted to play counterstrike on my computer so i let him play and went to lunch. when i came back the computer was shut off, and when i turned it on, for a couple of times it would just resart by itself,and then i started to shut off by itself. sometimes it would go to windows, and shut down after a couple of minutes. there are no errors messeges so i really dont understand whats wrong. right now i am runnimg on safe mode. my specs are
Intel pentium 4 with HT, 3Ghz
2 gig 512*4 corsair memory
sapphire x850xt 256 mb video card
480w powersupply

any help would be awesome
thanks

i asked my friend what happend when i was gone but he says nothing happened, everything was normal, and he shut it down, but i know he is lying. it shuts down by itself.
please help

I dont think theres anything he could have done to make it do that (unless he opend your comp and started f'ing with things). These things just happen somtimes. Parts fail and files get curupted

yes try cmos and what were learning about in a plus is that random power downs ussually mean psu on the end of the line... so you would be drawing 2 much electricity a brownout situation and it could be affecting hte life of your comp or its jsut going down ... you sould blow out your psu

Theyoyokid303 said:
yes try cmos and what were learning about in a plus is that random power downs ussually mean psu on the end of the line... so you would be drawing 2 much electricity a brownout situation and it could be affecting hte life of your comp or its jsut going down ... you sould blow out your psu
Well if he has had that same exact set-up for a short amount of time the PSU shouldn't be going bad. You might wanna try to blow the dust out of the case and the cpu HS and the PSU.... You can also turn off the option in windows to restart if there is an error, there is also the option in BIOS where it will shutdown or restart once it reaches a certain temp. Turn that off if you feel like it. What PSU and System are you running, as covered by yoyo it might be drawing too much power but if it is a good psu you shouldn't need to worry about it. Ohh I also forget if it is random and goes to a black screen but you can still hear sound it can also be your vid card overheating or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom