ipconfig errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
on my win server 2003, when i try to run ipconfig /renew i get this error message:
'The operation failed as not adapter is in the state permissionable for this operation."
then, i ran netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt. and ran ipconfig /renew again, then i get this:
"An error occured while renewing interface internet: The system cannot find the file speficied"

what can i do to fix this? so far, only 1 user is unable to access a network folder on this server.

no i didn't since this is a server which everyone at this branch office is connected to, i didn't wanna release it.

I dont think you can do that. I just tried that on my 2003 Server R2 box and got the same error message.

maybe you cant because its static. I just tried it on my XP machine and it was sucessful so I'm thinking thats what it is and I also tried it on another 2003 R2 box and the same results

makes sense. :)
i solved the problem that led me to run ipconfig /renew.

the problem was that the server coudln't find the domain. but i found out that it was changed to dynamic ip address from static for some reasons. the only thing we did was to isntall SAV 10.1. i'm glad that i noticed that ipconfiguration.

thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom