?!?psu Problem?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewandowski_69

In Runtime
I replaced my old 9600 pro with this card.

xfx 6800xt agp card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150157

When i uninstalled the drivers for the old card and replaced it wiht the new card and installed the drivers for it and rebooted. It took 5 times as long to get to the desktop and everything had a response time of a snail. My system never had any problems like this before but now when i put this card in my system i cannot run call of duty 2 (gets ready to run then stops then gives me an error message saying soemthing about not initiailizing and gives me the console window.), the mouse freezes up, the keyboard turns off and the monitor shuts off and flickers off and on (the green light turns into a yellow light). I have all the drivers installed properly. And now the display turns into a very low res grainy look to it on the desktop goes black then and error message appears saying something like the display driver failed or somthing. I dont think its the drivers though. I have the latest Forceware drivers too.

My System
Via chipset mobo
512 mb ram
Soundblaster live
xfx 6800xt
Amd athlon 2400

I know i have a crappy Psu.
My cheap Psu. 350 watt psu that came with an aspire turbo 2 case.

Can it be my Power Supply? Or perhaps soemthing else. Thanks for any help, i really need it.

A 350W should be enough to run it, although it is getting close.

Have you made sure that you plugged in the power connector (molex) into the vid card to supply it with additional power?

Make sure you use an actual driver cleaner (not just uninstalling it) to get rid of your old ATi drivers.

Also, check your PM from me, and respond accordingly, please.

Okay will do, thanks alot for helping by the way.

Its a Turbolink Swicthing power supply at 12A on the +12 rail.

It came with my Aspire Turbo case x dreamer 2.

Im sure i plugged the molex connector in right, the green LED lights up and everything. Do these symptoms seem like power failure though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom