$2000 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
luke87 said:
YOU will not need a quad core cpu. the only people that need one of those are media people such as graphic designers and music editors. And, people who are crunches numbers all day.

I guess if you want to improve the size of your e-peanis, then go ahead.

Stick with the core 2.

Well looky who, I am a graphic designer :p and I edit music for people! lol...

You'r budget doesnt have money for a quad core man. BTW that other guys build doesnt have a monitor, I dont know if your going to be needing one or not. Also, his DVD burner has slower seaking times and the harddrive is also slower. I do like the graphics card though, its just so expensive. The motherboard is also way expensive, Its the same one I picked except its got 4 x16 slots, you dont really need that. Also, the power supply is overpriced and not used often and you have like 75$ in shipping costs. Just something to think about.

drizo's build looks perfect, except for the raptor, you could get two of the 250 gb SATA hard drives, put them in raid 0, which that mobo supports, and that would give you more speed and storage for less $$$$ than the raptor.

RAID 0 on regular hard drives > than a raptor.

It is just simlpy physics, the faster it spins the faster the data can be written.

I agree on the power supply, it does not need to be that big. with a 2000 dollar budget you should get a sound card. and I would go with like a dx10 card. not becuase you are going to use DX10 a lot right now. but becuase of its raw graphic processing power.

Toms Hardware:

"The Raptor-X's performance is even good enough to beat a RAID 0 array consisting of two modern 7,200 RPM drives, except in terms of pure throughput, of course. In addition, it is nicer having only one drive to install, and the data safety of a single drive is better anyway. Speaking of safety, we should refer to the five year warranty, which should give you a good feeling."

that is testing the 150 gig 16mb cache raptor, not the 74 gig, I know I saw a benchmark of raid 0 sata hard drives beating a raptor, not the 150 gig one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom