What is wrong with my pc???

Status
Not open for further replies.

billenium_uk

Solid State Member
Hi

Ive got this problem with my pc which i simply cant figure out what it is and would appreciate any ideas or feedback from someone on here.. the problem is as follows:-

when the power button is pressed the fans will start for a few seconds but the monitor will come on and then flick back onto standby saying there is no inpout signal. then the computer simply turns itself off. Also when the power switch on the psu is turned on the machine automatically powers up and then does the above without pusing the power button on the front of the machine.

At first i thought it could be the graphics card so i swapped it for another working one from a different machine but this didnt work either , i also tried my graphics card in a different machine and it worked fine so i think i can safely rule that out.

Then i thought that it would be the PSU so i tried buying a new larger power psu, but the problem is still here. I have tried everything i can think of including removing all the other devies such as sound cards and indivual memory modules. But nothing seems to be working and i dont know what to do next? its so frustrating so any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Bill jeffs

turn off
remove all ram, see if the pc beeps when turned on
, if it does more than likely mainboard and cpu good.

I have tried that... and it does beep as you said so this this mean its not the mother board or the cpu?? if thats the case then any ideas on what could be causing the problem? :confused:

Can you get into the BIOS? Perhaps there is a problem with a setting somewhere. Unplug it from the wall, pop out the CMOS battery and wait a couple minutes, then put it back in and try to boot. That should force it into the setup screen.

i havent tried getting into the BIOS as yet... but i have tried clearing CMOS and that made no difference... i doubt ill be able to get into the bios as the input signal to the monitor drops out as soon as the machine powers up and then eventually all the power goes off.

so so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom