Cant View Desktop image

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronevil999

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

A few weeks ago I turned on my computer and my background image will not show up. I have changed the image several times with both web images and images on my own computer. I have tried to restore to an older point but the problem still persists. When I go to display properties and the desktop tab I am unable to selec the preset images and I am not able to click the browse button. Any idea on what the problem is or how to fix it? Any information or help is greatly appreciated.

well it is look like something happend to the one of the registy keys on your system (could be Virus)

what you can do try to disable the fierwall

and

You will need to edit the registry. Start>Run and type

regedit

Navigate to the following key:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop

In the right-hand pane, delete "NoChangingWallPaper"

Should I delete any of the others:

NoAddingComponents
NoComponents
NoDeletingComponents
NoEditingComponents

If not, once I delete the NoChangingWallpaper do I restart my computer or will it automatically go into effect?

i should say backup the Registry before you do that !

and you may try to do the NoChangingWallPaper

restart the computer and see if that help

you do not need to delete other values

Ok, I edited the registry and I still cannot view my desktop image. However, if I use a windows mod like BBlean the image shows up once bblean is loaded. When I quit bblean the image goes away and no image can be viewed. Any other ideas?

here you go ... so you are using bblean ! you did not say that before

bbLean properly or mostly compact the shell, So it could be the Problem

Take a System Restore and Remove bbLean and see if that help if not you may restore it back by doing (undo System Restore)

That's the thing. I DONT use BBlean. I have it on my computer because at one point I was using it. However, I never had problems when I did use it. The problems didnt occur while I used bblean. It happened about 3 months after I stopped using bblean. Also, the windows system restore from the start menu will not restore properly. That is the whole reason I am posting on here. I have tried 3 different restore points and each one is ineffective. All the files restore back to the point but the problem with the desktop persists no matter which restore point I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom